Guilt-free carrot and oat breakfast cookies. These are super soft, packed with oats and nuts, and refined sugar free. Who says cookies can’t be eaten for breakfast?
True story: My uncle made a double batch of these one night, and before he got home from work the next day, my aunt had eaten every last one!
- 1 1/2C whole wheat flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- ½ C shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C large flake oats
- 2/3 C chopped walnuts
- 1 C shredded carrots
- ½ C real maple syrup
- ½ C coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- In a large bowl whisk flour, coconut, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots.
- In a separate bowl, whisk maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls.
- Bake @ 375F on parchment paper lined baking sheets for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden.
Other variations I have tried that work great:
- Remove walnuts and coconut flakes, add ½C slivered almonds + ½C dried cranberries + ½C white chocolate chips.
- Swap out maple syrup, and replace with honey. Additionally, add 1/3C cocoa nibs + 1 tbsp cinnamon.