Burgers are unanimously associated with summer. People think of juicy burgers being enjoyed with friends at a backyard barbecue cookout. And yes I’m not forgetting the the endless topping combinations that allow you to customize your burger and upgrade from the plain old cheese burger.
Being a vegetarian, I don’t miss beef burgers at all, but there is something about a burger that is essential to my summer experience. Hence, I present a tilapia burger. Bursting with flavour and juices, even meat-eaters will be asking for the recipe.
These burgers are:
- With a hint of citrus
- 2 tilapia fillets, thawed and cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs, regular Italian bread crumbs will do but the Panko really help everything stay together
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup of parsley chopped
- 1 handful of chives chopped
- 3 scallions roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- 1/8 cup Cucumber finely diced
- Chives chopped
- Add all burger ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly. Shape 1/3 cup of mixture into a patty. Wrap extra individual patties in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To cook: place each patties onto a piece of greased aluminum foil and grill on medium heat on the BBQ for 10 min a side. Add English muffin to the BBQ to toast up for the last few minutes of cooking.
- While baking mixing all sauce ingredients together.
- Remove from BBQ, place patty in English muffin, top with yogurt mixture and freshly shopped scallions.
If you have any questions, leave us a comment below. I’m notoriously known for not using recipes and going with what feels right, so feel free to adjust ingredient amounts to what looks right.