Somehow we tend to think breads and loafs are healthier versions of cookies and cakes. Well that’s not usually the case. Carrot cake and Zucchini bread may use slightly less sugar, but are chalk full of oils and fats.
We strove to change this connotation.
Presenting the best damn pumpkin loaf you’ll ever eat. I ate half a loaf for dinner last night and the other half for breakfast this morning ….
- 1 C pumpkin
- 1/2 C Greek yogurt
- A few spoonfuls of applesauce (I used this since I didn’t have an egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 C coconut oil
- 3/4 C b sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice (recipe here: Pumpkin Spice Blend)
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C oat flour (put oats in the blender until they are powdery )
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix the pumpkin, yogurt, egg, vanilla, coconut oil, and b sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk baking soda, salt, spices, flours.
- Mix the wet and dry together. Add coco chips.
- Grease and flour your pan
- Put in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 min.