Coconut whipped cream is perfect for topping desserts like pie, hot cocoa and ice cream. It’s also ideal for french toast, pie fillings, mousse, and even no-churn ice cream!
- 1 14-oz can coconut cream (If you cannot mind coconut milk, a can of Thai Kitchen full fat coconut milk works well too.)
- 1/4 – 3/4 C powdered icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Chill your coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Don’t touch the can.
- The next day, chill a large mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge without shaking, and remove the lid. Scrape out the top thickened cream with a spoon, and leave the liquid behind (I save this liquid for breakfast smoothies).
- Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds in a stand mixer until creamy.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate. It will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled. Will keep for up to 1 – 2 weeks!