Do yourself a favour and make this. I promise you that it will be worth your effort. I’d even recommend making a double batch since one loaf gets gobbled up pretty quick !
- 1 pint of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsps Lavender Buds
- 1/3 C milk (your preference – almond, soy, skim)
- 1 1/2 C Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 tsp b.soda
- pinch of Salt
- 1/3 C unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 2 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 C White Chocolate, Chopped
Topping – ingredients:
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 C Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 C Oats
- 1 tsp lavender buds
- 2 tbsps Flour
- 2 tbsps Butter, Melted
- pinch of Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease loaf pan (8″ x 4″) with butter, then line with parchment paper. (Yes you have to do both.)
- In a small saucepan on medium high heat add the blueberries, lemon juice, a touch of water, and 1/4 cup of sugar. Allow to heat up, let the blueberries get all juicy, and take off heat. (About 10 minutes.)
- In large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt). In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (lavender, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla). Next slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring vigorously until batter has formed.
- In another saucepan melt chopped white chocolate over medium-low flame, stirring gently to prevent burning. When chocolate has melted, add immediately to batter and stir until completely incorporated.
- Pour half of batter into greased and lined loaf pan, then pour half of the blueberry compote on the battery and swirl with toothpick. Repeat (pour in the remaining batter and then top with remaining blueberry compote, swirl.)
- Make crumble by combining all ingredients together. Sprinkle crumble on top of loaf.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool completely, then plate and serve.